Common Misdiagnosed Sports Injuries
Tendonitis | Teninopathy
Knee Pain and Injuries
Hip and Groin Injuries
Head Injury and Concussion
Neck and Shoulder Injuries
Foot and Ankle Injuries
Common Causes of Hip Pain
Hand and Wrist Injuries
Sprains and Strains
Pain is an experience unique to each individual affected by multiple contributing factors, including medical illness, psychological issues, life stressors, financial constraints and previous experiences with health care providers. For this reason, Dr.Tariq addresses each patient’s pain condition with a comprehensive, multi-modal approach which includes therapy, medications, and interventional procedures.
Management of various PAIN CONDITIONS is done emphasizing the importance of:
- Empathy – most important aspect in treatment of pain patient.
- Concreteness of Diagnosis.
- Patient Education.
- Use of Multimodality Treatments- Physical Therapy, Use of Narcotic, Non-Narcotic, and Non-Addicting Pain Medication; Interventional Procedures: Spine Injections and minimally invasive procedures.
- Close Follow-Ups & Treatments.
- Patient Cooperation, Compliance, and Active Participation in the Treatment Plan.
Introduction to Pain Management
Pain management can be simple or complex, depending on the cause of the pain. An example of pain that is typically less complex would be nerve root irritation from a herniated disc with pain radiating down the leg. This condition can often be alleviated with an epidural steroid injection and physical therapy. Sometimes, however, the pain does not go away. This can require a wide variety of skills and techniques to treat the pain. These skills and techniques include:
- Interventional procedures.
- Medication management.
- Physical therapy or chiropractic therapy.
- Psychological counseling and support.
- Acupuncture and other alternative therapies; and
- Referral to other medical specialists.
All of these skills and services are necessary because pain can involve many aspects of a person’s daily life.
We offer a wide variety of procedures that target and treat specific conditions.
Epidural and Facet Blocks
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Selective nerve root blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulators
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulators
- Trigger point injections
- Joint injections- Steroids, Hyaluronic Acid, PRP
- Botox® Injection
- Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine Procedure
- EMG (Electromyography)
- Epidural Block
- Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Block
Patients needing interventional pain management services suffer distress and discomfort caused by a variety of conditions and disorders, including:
- Chronic low back and neck pain
- Herniated Discs
- Spinal Stenosis
- Facet Joint Pain
- Whiplash-related Pain
- Neck Pain
- Chronic reflex sympathetic regional pain syndrome
- Suboxone addiction therapy
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
Additional conditions that we treat that really don’t need explanations are:
- 1. Chronic head and facial pain
- 2. Post surgical Procedural pain
- 3. Post Traumatic Pain Syndrome
- 4. Cancer Pain
- 5. Neuropthic Pain